Complaints Procedure

The Forum at Greenwich considers any expression of dissatisfaction about any of the following a complaint:

How do I make a complaint?

Informal complaints

Informal complaints can be made by telephone or in person to any member of staff. You may wish to make an informal complaint if the problem or dissatisfaction is of a minor nature.

Informal complaints will be resolved with you by the member of the staff to whom you addressed the complaint. Depending on the nature of the complaint, you may at the stage be asked to make a written complaint which will then be dealt with according to the procedure outlined below. If you wish, you may ask for your informal complaint to be logged.

Formal Complaints

More serious complaints or those to which you would like a written response should be made in writing to the CEO. You may also wish to make a written complaint if your informal complaint is not handled to your satisfaction.

If you wish your complaint to be handled confidentially, please address it to the CEO and mark the outside “PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL”.

In any case please give us as much specific information as is possible, such as dates, times and the names of any people concerned, otherwise it may be difficult to investigate your complaint. We will not be able to investigate anonymous complaints.

All written complaints will be logged by us and we will aim to give you a written reply within five working days of receipt. If it is not possible to respond to your reply within that time, you will receive an interim reply giving you details of action being taken or considered to date and the name of the person dealing with it. In any case you will receive a full reply within four weeks of its receipt.


What if I am not satisfied?

If your complaint was an informal one and you are not satisfied with the outcomes, you should submit a written complain and address it to the CEO.

If your complaint was a written one and you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should ask for the complaint and our response to it, to be considered by our board of trustees. You should put this in writing and address it to the Chair of Trustees.


What if I am still not satisfied?


You have the right to take your complaint directly to the charity commissioners. You can do this before or after you go through the Forum at Greenwich’s own complaints procedure, although we advise that you use our complaints procedures first.


Contact Details:


The Forum at Greenwich                                                           The Official custodian for Charities

Trafalgar Road                                                                              The Charity Commision

Greenwich                                                                                      St Albans House

London                                                                                            57-60 Haymarket

SE10 9EQ                                                                                         London

Tel: 02088535212                                                                          SW1Y 4QX

Tel: 02072104646


Registered charity no: 294589